Monday, May 24, 2010

At Least Another Week

Well, I went in this morning for a doctor's checkup. It turns out the pain I have been feeling is strain on my round ligament (what surrounds & supports the uterus). The majority of the baby's weight is on my left side so the Dr. said this is probably why the left side is hurting. She told me to rest and I would be fine.

I'm now dilated to 2 cm & 50% effaced. The baby has dropped 30% and according to the Dr. this is all pretty routine and right on time. She said anything can happen at this point, but she wouldn't expect for me to have the baby this week. Although I'm ready to have the baby, this is good news--Friday is my last day of work and my mom will be here next Tuesday, so I would prefer to have the baby after another week at least.

No comments: