Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Could Of Been Worse

Monday nights I have a routine. I try to do chores a little early, start dinner, run on the elliptical, shower and then eat dinner just before 7:00 when the Bachelor comes on. It's like the one show that I look forward to all week.

Last night things were going as planned, I was thawing some chicken for dinner and getting ready to work out, when there was a knock at the door. It was a neighbor from a few miles down the road who said there were 3 random horses in his yard and was wondering if they were ours. Well...we do have 3 horses and they fit the description, but surely they were in OUR pasture, right??

WRONG! The gate was open and they were nowhere to be seen. We gathered some halters and feed in the pickup and took off down the road. Sure enough...there were our horses in his yard, just hanging out...several MILES from where they were supposed to be!!

The thing you have to understand is that we possibly have the 3 hardest to catch horses EVER! So, it was a complete miracle when we were able to catch all 3 of them on the first try. I think they were exhausted from their exploration of rural Hurdland. It was also a miracle that Luke was actually home ('cause I dont know what I would of done by myself)! So, Luke sat on the tailgate and I drove, leading them home in the dark. It truly was a miracle that we were able to get them all the way home with hardly any trouble. It made me hate them not quite so much.

I was also pissed because this meant I was missing my show. But, Obama saved me with his address to the nation, pushing the Bachelor an hour back. Thanks Obama, I'm beginning to like you more and more!

No comments: