Wednesday, February 18, 2009

26!

I have now been 26 for a full week. I had a great birthday with lots of calls, cards & gifts! Luke & I spent the cold, rainy day at the Iowa Beef Expo in Des Moines, Iowa. It wasn't that exciting, but we got to spend the day together.

I wasn't really that excited about turning 26, it just seems so old! But, we were at a conference this past weekend and I was the only one in the group that got carded at the bar...so that made me feel a little better. It's funny how we used to always hope that we wouldn't get carded and now, it seems to be the opposite response!

Like I said, we spent the weekend at a conference (the Missouri Young Farmer's & Rancher's) in Osage Beach. It was fun, but not really a blast. I think it was really good exposure for our company even though I spilled my entire pop on the table with all our brochures about 5 minutes after I finished getting them all out. Ooops. Luke & I each won a door prize: he got a mixing bowl and dish towel set and I got a bag of charcoal (we soon traded). Valentine's Day was spent at the conference, which was fine, but not too romantic I guess. My husband is romantic though...he got me a pearl necklace!! It's gorgeous and makes me feel so sophisticated. Luke is always full of suprises!

This is the only picture I took all weekend:

1 comment:

Raylee said...

Happy belated birthday. Sounds like you guys are busy. Hope to see you soon.