Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas!

And that's not because of all the decorating I've done (because that hasn't happened yet!).

Yesterday we had our first substantial snow with lots of wind, creating drifts everywhere. It's supposed to be cold at least through the weekend, so we may get to keep the snow for a while. It definitely helped me get into the holiday spirit!

The roads were getting pretty bad yesterday afternoon. The wind was blowing so hard that it was making the roads slick and decreasing the visibility. Here's the view from my car as I drove home from work yesterday (I made the only tracks on our gravel road):Here's our wintery looking house:
Poor Tryan (my bottle calf from last May). He always looks so pathetic and the snow definitely doesn't help. He's had a rough life...but he's such a sweetie!
I felt sorry for the bulls, so I fed them a little early. They really enjoyed the hay. With the wind and being covered in snow, I'm sure they were needing a little extra feed. Here's our older bull, Mr. T:

So far, we are enjoying the snow!

1 comment:

Cathy said...

Enjoy your winter weather. We won't get much of that down here. My parents were in the 20s or 30s last night with snow flurries. We were 75 or so yesterday. I am, however, looking forward to pulling out my sweaters and sweatshirts during our Christmas travels! Hope you're all doing well. We need to plan a little vacation together or something to catch up!