Sunday, February 14, 2010

Snow Day!

Last Tuesday we had a much welcomed snow day! These days I'm pretty much open to any excuse to take a day off of work. I just get so drained after working all week that any sort of break is much appreciated.

The Loyd's got us this for Christmas and we didn't think we'd get to try it out this year, but sure enough it's come in very handy already:

I spent alot of the day cooking, since I don't seem to do that much anymore. I thawed out the last bag of strawberries from my garden and made some strawberry shortcake for a summery, winter treat! I couldn't believe how well they kept--they tasted great! I also made chili for lunch and swiss steak for dinner.


It was nice to get to spend some time with Luke. Seems like we have been on very different schedules lately and haven't really had much time together. Although I did get nervous when I walked into the kitchen and saw this little project he was working on. Maybe it's just me, but I always get nervous when he starts bringing saws into the house...at least it wasn't the chainsaw this time:

We are supposed to get more snow again this weekend, so maybe we will be in luck again!

No comments: