Wednesday, May 27, 2009

My New Chore

I have a new daily chore, but it's one that I'm really happy about: picking strawberries! For the past 5-6 days my strawberries have been going crazy.

I usually get 2 of this size containers per day. I've made strawberry shortcake that was delicious, had strawberries on my cereal, and made strawberry jam. The jam was my first experience canning and making jam so it was quite the time. I think it worked out really good though. I'm going to taste some today.

This makes me really excited about my garden this year. Hopefully it's an indicator of things to come although my strawberries require very little work and lots of rewards. I'm not sure that will be the case with the rest of the garden since it was already a lot of work getting it tilled & planted.

No comments: