Friday, April 8, 2011

Start of the Garden

Last week I decided to start some seeds in the house so they would be ready to go when the garden is. I'm never able to get the seeds in early enough that the melons are ready before Sept. or Oct. when it's already kind of past their season. So...this year I'm really trying to do it right and get off to a good start.

I was REALLY excited to see that the seeds have sprouted into seedlings:


The bottom left is squash and zucchini with watermelons in the top four spots. The center two rows are all cantaloupes and the far right has some more watermelons and okra.

The summer squash and zucchini have really taken off:

I have a new garden spot picked out for this year and now I'm waiting for the grass to die so I can till it up and start fresh!

No comments: